- ICT in Healthcare and Assistive Living, Knowledge Management
- Competency based Learning, Knowledge Management, Foresight & Strategic planning to support AI in Electronic Health Record domain, search technologies and NLP
Business People in Green Dialogue
Knowledge Valorisation and Awareness Dialogue among Business People and Newcomers for a Resilient Green Development- Business People in Green Dialogue: Erasmus+ Programme 2021-2027 Key Action 2: Small- Scale Partnership Projects AGREEMENT n° [2021-2-TR01-KA210-VET-000049308]. The project depends on business women in the green development process and increasing women participation in this new upcoming green policy process for environmental sustainability. Duration Project Start Date 31-05-2022 Project total Duration 15 (Months) Project End Date 31-08-2023
Deploying advanced national QCI systems and networks in Greece – HellasQCI: DIGITAL-2021-QCI-01-DEPLOY-NATIONAL.
NCSR D / IIT / Health and Knowledge Management unit participates in the HellasQCI project aiming to strengthen the resilience of critical national infrastructures against cyber threats by exploiting quantum information technology and cyber security technologies
Fourteen (14) Greek organisations are participating in the project, including governmental organizations and research and educational institutions. Institutions with expertise in quantum technologies, and companies from the telecommunications, energy sectors and information technology. The project is coordinated by the National Infrastructures for Research and Technology (GRNET S.A.), a body of the Ministry of Digital Governance.
Project Number: 101091504 Duration: 30 months. Project Start Date: 01/01/2023 Project End Date: 30/06/2025. Budget NCSR Demokritos: 273.706,00 €
The eHealthUnit will implement the iwelli4ageing pilot within the framework of the Gatekeeper project. The pilot implementation starts on 1/1/2022 and has duration 12 months.
The iwelli4ageing pilot aims to integrate Electronic Health Records with the Gatekeeper platform and:
- Simplify the implementation of IoT services for end users of the EHRs utilizing the Gatekeeper platform
- Set up a more complex ecosystem of services in the med.iwelli.com platform to enchance the diagnostic, prevention and disease management capabilities for multimorbidity patients with cardiac diseases.
- Set up an open-source plugin (Infobutton tool) that augments electronic records (EHRs, PHR) with intelligent search engines capabilities able to index and look through specific domain knowledge to guide the optimal treatment and support of multimorbidity patients.
We expect the proposed experimentation to prove that applying open-source IoT platforms like the Gatekeeper one can lead to better prevention and chronic disease management services.
The ehealth unit together with the Spin Off company Syndesis Ltd will implement the QKD4IntelligentHealth pilot within the realm of the OPENQKD project (https://openqkd.eu/). The aim of the project is to set up a real-world use case where QKD technology will be applied within NCSRD campus to demonstrate the secure data transfer of encrypted EHR datasets to remote servers for analysis with AI algorithms
HealthCASCADE – Evidence-based co-creation methodology for closing the implementation gap between knowledge and action in health promotion.”(HORIZON 2020/Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovative Training Networks (MSCA-ITN)-Grant Agreement No 956501). The aim of the ehealth unit task will be to develop, experiment and validate open-source disruptive technologies, platforms and tools to enable Big data, AI and knowledge management techniques to facilitate evidence-based co-creation services in Health Cascade use cases. https://healthcascade.eu/
CollibriWOMEN- Second Chance For Colibri Birds: Empowering and Increasing Capabilities Of Women-COLIBRIWOMEN Erasmus+ Action 2: Strategic Partnership Projects. The Ehealth unit role in the project is to contribute to the creation of a Distance Learning Platform to inspire female entrepreneurs in Greece and Turkey to overcame barriers and take their businesses to the next level.
INTERREG IPA CROSS-BORDER COOPERATION PROGRAMME GREECE 2014-2020 HealthNET – Primary Healthcare Network
The project aims to develop and improve services in the field of primary health care in the rural cross-border region where the population has difficult access to health units, especially for the elderly and socially disadvantaged, with special emphasis on early diagnosis and prevention of adverse health conditions. https://healthnet-project.eu/en/home/
INTERREG V-A COOPERATION PROGRAMME: GREECE – BULGARIA 2014-2020RemoteCARE – Remote Healthcare
The project aims to improve access to primary health care in the rural cross border areas where population has difficult access to healthcare units. The project promotes social inclusion and combat poverty and discrimination as they provide healthcare services to people of remote areas who do not have easy access to healthcare structures. https://remotecare2020.eu
«Υβριδικά Αυτόνομα Ενεργειακά Συστήματα Έξυπνης Δικτύωσης & Πρόβλεψης (PHAETONS)». ΕΣΠΑ2014-2020 («ΕΡΕΥΝΩ – ΔΗΜΙΟΥΡΓΩ – ΚΑΙΝΟΤΟΜΩ» )
The project aims at the study and industrial research of intelligent energy hybrid systems, either autonomous or integrated into a network, which will improve the energy and safety infrastructure of public roads and highways, parks and public spaces. It integrates in a turnkey solution: a) smart networking, b) Renewable Energy Sources power generation c) street lighting, d) device charging station, e) wifi hotspot, f) remote events notification, g) direct end-user information. Systems’ control and administration is provided by a machine learning platform based on end nodes (hybrid pillars and weather stations) data received via smart network gateways. It will integrate demand forecasting tools, recommendations and other smart network solutions.
Ehealth Group is able to exploit its network and set up large scale pilots in the Greek territory to collect big heterogeneous data sets and support different health use cases
NCSR has setup in the territory of Greece and is managing within the realm of the running projects, pilots with more than 100 end users studying ICT technologies targeting health and Ageing
ReAAL – (“NCSR Piloting Concept – Realising AAL services in the Greek Territory”) (CIP ICT-PSP 2012-325189). Theme(s): ICT for Ageing and Wellbeing
The project increased adoption of an open platform that provides a standardized approach making it technically feasible and economically viable to develop AAL solutions. The platform was produced by a mixture of new development and consolidation of state‐of‐the art results from existing initiatives.
This App can support health care professionals (e. g. general physicians, physiotherapists, community nurses, etc.) in the decision making and counselling process regarding older persons living at home and being at risk of falling. The App could be started from different starting information such as the result of a sensor based assessment or as part of a clinical pathway after an injurious fall such as hip fracture.
Spin off Company
NCSR has set up a spin off company (Syndesis Ltd) to develop and promote ehealth/assistive living state of the art technologies and applications. Already innovative ehealth platform www.iwelli.com has been developed and is under validation with the real end users and a network of doctors has been established.
- 2011-2015 Unobtrusive Smart Environments for Independent Living – USEFIL (Coordinator), FP7-ICT: USEFIL project is proposing advanced but affordable in-home unobtrusive monitoring and web communication solutions. USEFIL intends to use low cost “off-the-shelf” technology to develop immediate applicable services that will assist the elderly in maintaining their independence and their daily activities. Total Budget 4,622,870.00 – NCSR budget: 810,332.00.
- Prevention of Falls Network for Dissemination – ProFouND: ProFouND is a collaborative research project funded by the European Union under CIP-ICT-PSP-2012-6. ProFouND will directly address the objectives of the EIP-AHA by creating a Thematic Network with 21 partners from 12 countries. Objective is to embed evidence based fall prevention programmes for elderly people at risk of falls using novel ICT solution in at least 10 countries/15 regions by 2015, thus to reduce falls incidence in those regions by 2020. Objectives are achieved, using internet and ICT solutions to facilitate widespread implementation. Total Budget 1,026,569.00 euros- NCSR budget: 81,534.00 euros. Project Duration: 36 months Start: 01/3/2013 End: 28/2/2016
- 2013-2017: Development of Coordination Mechanisms During Different Kinds of Emergencies- COncORDE: COncORDE is a collaborative research project funded by the European Union under FP7-SEC-2013.4.1-4. The COncORDE project will develop a Decision Support System (DSS) to improve preparedness and interoperability of medical services during an emergency which affects the health of the population at local, regional or cross-border level. The project will incorporate existing operational assets related to security, trust and infrastructure and leverage them within the DSS. Total Budget 4.076.977,98 euros- NCSR budget: 214.536,00 euros.
- In the framework of the Galenos, BASE2, INTERMED, Tele-Ippokratis projects of ehealth and elearning services to remote, rural areas and maritime users have been developed. An active ehealth and e-learning network in terms of platform, infrastructures, end users has been established covering the broader area of the South-East Europe.
- CRe-AM (Creativity REsearch Adaptive roadmap) (www.cre-am.eu) collective, strategic intelligence and Roadmaping for the creative industries. Cre-AM is an FP7 Project funded by the European Commission (DG Connect) aiming to bridge communities of creators with communities of technology providers and innovators, in a collective, strategic roadmapping effort to streamline, coordinate and amplify collaborative work towards developing, enhancing, and mainstreaming new ICT technologies, processes and tools, to address the future needs of different sectors of the creative industries (e.g. arts, crafts, culture, design, e- publishing, media, architecture etc). Project ID: 612451 Funded under: FP7-ICT, Funding scheme: CSA. Start: 01-10-2013, End: 29-02-2016
- OEI2 (“Open Educational Ideas & Innovations”) promoting Open Idea and Innovation Sharing for Learning, Education and Training. (www.idea-space.eu). OEI2 project aims at enabling Open Education at an early stage: instead of sharing complete Open Educational Resources (OER) or Open Educational Practices (OEP), we aim at sharing ideas in the eraly design process. This process will create a fundamentally different uptake of OER by creating Emotional Ownership of OER. This approcah tackles the main barriers of OER: the not-invented-here syndrome, curricula differences and lack of motivation. In simple words: OEI brings together educatoors sharing ideas and early stage developments, so that they can collaborate towards collaboratively developed OER.Agreement number: 2013-3224/001-001 Funded under: Erasmus – Lifelong Learning Programme Funding scheme: Erasmus Multilateral Projects Start: 01-10-2013 End: 29-02-2016
- OPENSCOUT(eContentPlus programme/ TARGETED PROJECT) OpenScout aims at accelerating the use, improvement and distribution of open content in the field of management education and training with a focus on SMEs and continuous training by providing skill-based search of content to large communities for learning – either in professional user communities (via integration with LMS systems) as well as to open web 2.0 communities (via integration to social network platforms).
- COCAL –COMPETENCY BASED CONTENT ACQUISITION AND LEARNING The COCAL project aims to address the upskilling needs of the banking sector, by developing, applying and validating a holistic approach for the combined management of competencies and learning resources.
- BASE2 (Broadband Access Satellite Enabled Education) (FP6) The scope of BASE project is to support key EU policies und validate space technology for public services and applications having a key economic and social impact at Union level in the field of education (distance Learning). The overall objective of this project is the implementation of an end-to-end system for tele-education applications, integrating broadband terrestrial networks with satellite broadband technologies.Aim of the project is to facilitate the sustainable provision of integrated tele-education services and applications to a large number of distributed interconnected sites over a variety of telecommunication infrastructures. Within the framework of the project is the seamless integration of Low-cost satellite telecommunications infrastructures with broadband terrestrial systems will be investigated. The network will integrate satellite communication technologies with various terrestrial network infrastructures. An integrated end-to-end system will be implemented in order to provide tele-education services to: a) remote, distributed and isolated rural areas and b) maritime users where satellite communication technologies have a potential edge over terrestrial infrastructures. Both of these user groups are tropical examples of economic activities which can greatly be benefited by a wider deployment and use of satellite communications essentially due to usually large distances which separate them from broadband terrestrial telecom infrastructures. European agriculture will benefit substantially by tele-education applications over satellite European farmers at remote areas are often producing specialised products of designated origin and require education to increase or very often guarantee the quantity and quality of their production. Maritime workers also have strong needs for tele-education and have been challenged for many years by the lack of reliable and efficient network infrastructure that would help them reach this target.